The LinkSidebar extension for Mozilla Firefox 3 enables you to work with hyperlinks.
The extension allows you to:
- View all hyperlinks in the current web page, including any hyperlinks inside frames.
- See the total number of hyperlinks in the current web page.
- Search through hyperlinks in a web page.
- Test links in a web page, filtering out unwanted links quickly and easily.
LinkSidebar extension showing the links in the Mozilla Firefox homepage
Once installed, you can open the links sidebar with the shortcut key (Ctrl+Shift+L) or through the view menu (View->Sidebar->Links).
You can enclose a phrase in quotes to find the exact phrase. You can use a minus (-) sign before any word to exclude links containing that word from the results.
For example, to search for all the links to youtube videos except videos of cats, type "youtube -cats" in the search box.
- Linksidebar can test all links in a web page to determine the availability of the resources they link to.
- Testing can be done on selected links only, or on all links in the web page.
- Links that should not be tested can be filtered out quickly and easily (see example below).
- Multi-threaded link testing for simultaneous tests (Number of threads are user configurable).
- View link status at a glance, through status icons displayed next to each link.
- See full details about the link, including test results, full response header in a properties dialog.
For example, to test all links in a webpage except Google ads, search for "-googlesyndication.com" to filter out all ads and then right-click in the sidebar and select "Test all links."